I love throwing casual get-togethers, game nights and well, any excuse to bring my best friends together to dish.
Whether I’m the hostess, or the guest at a gathering, I always make sure to have a few “clean” treats on hand to make sure I stay on track.
Like these little gems. It must be the bacon. Everything’s better with bacon, right?
Sweet and smokey jalapeño bites
A perfect appetizer that will make you the life of any shin-dig! Spicy jalapeño peppers stuffed with cream cheese and a chewy, sweet date, then wrapped in smokey bacon. Baked to crisp perfection making these the perfect sweet, salty, creamy, crispy and chewy bite. You’re welcome.
6 fresh jalapeños, stemmed, seeded and quartered
1- 8oz block cream cheese (you can omit the cheese if your’e strict paleo)
24 dried pitted dates (no sugar added)
12 slices uncured no sugar added bacon, sliced in half (Why uncured bacon?)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take a piece of jalapeño and fill it with a small dollop (about a teaspoon) of cream cheese into the pepper.
3. Place a date in the center of the cream cheese and press down a bit so that the date sticks.
4. Wrap a piece of bacon around each and place seam side down onto a lightly greased baking sheet (use coconut oil, olive oil or butter). You can secure each bite with a toothpick if the bacon is unwrapping.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until the bacon is browned and crisp. Serve warm or at room temperature!
*No need to flip these, and don’t worry about the cheese oozing out. Cream cheese bakes up nice and firm on the outside, and stays creamy on the inside! Serves 24 bites!