Disclosure: As part of the Tampa Bay Bloggers, I have partnered with Winn-Dixie to help promote the Re-Grand Opening of the Hyde Park location in exchange for a gift card. All opinions are my own.
I’m a self-proclaimed grocery store fangirl.
There is nothing quite as satisfying as moseying around a market, coffee cup in hand, taking in the sights, sounds and scents of a good store.
It makes my heart go pitter-patter.
And I know I’m not the only one! Grocery stores are the perfect places to inspire your inner foodie by exploring new ingredients, pick-up hot and ready meals on busy days (grocery stores have your back!), and even find love!
Did you know that markets are one of the most popular places for running into that person of your dreams? Yup. Google it! 😉
When I found out that the Winn Dixie store in Hyde Park, a beautiful neighborhood here in #Tampa, had undergone a make-over and was celebrating a grand re-opening, well, Pitter. Patter. <3
Southeastern Grocers, parent company to BI-LO, Harvey’s and Winn Dixie stores has revealed a top-of-the-line Winn Dixie store in the Hyde Park area of South Tampa. This is the second location in the state of Florida to receive enhancements of this magnitude.
Winn Dixie has been in the Tampa Bay area for more than 67 years and in this South Tampa location for almost 9 years. This recent update includes SO many unique and speciality features that I cannot WAIT to tell you about. You will immediately notice the change as soon as you park in the lot! The exterior has received a fresh and modern makeover.
But it doesn’t stop there….
Here are some highlights that will make this store shine above the rest!
- A new sandwich station with scrumptious hot and cold sandwich options including a pressed Cuban, rotisserie turkey melt, caprese (my fav!), and Italian sandwiches.
- The refreshed deli which now features over 400 local and international artisanal cheeses including a trained cheese steward on hand to help you with recommendations and pairings. You will also be able to stock up on your favorite local salsas from Sunset Salsa!
- Ready to go meal options including entrees like ribs, pulled pork and brisket, sides and salads for those busy evenings when you want the experts to take care of dinner!
- An in store pizza shop with New York style hand stretched crust and a full menu of assorted pizzas including cheese and pepperoni, hickory sweet bbq, proscuitto and mushroom, Mediterranean chicken, and even a S’mores dessert pizza (say-what?).
- Fresh and delicious hand-rolled sushi made by a fully trained sushi chef!
- The perfect grab and go lunch options (in addition to the sandwiches mentioned above) like a salad from the gorgeous salad bar with the freshest ingredients and new additions like compound grain salads and red quinoa salad, or local bites featured in-store from local Tampa favorites like The Hungry Greek and Eat Fresco meal solutions (hello Asian shrimp noodle bowls!).
- A cafe with seating areas and free wifi for customers to enjoy a meal, desserts like fresh hot mini-donuts made in store, locally made Kahwa coffee, or even a cold treat like gelato, smoothies, frappes and milkshakes!
- And continuing the sweet treat chatter, their new and improved bakery department includes an assortment of Tampa’s famou Mike’s Pies, as well as a variety of kosher breads, pastries and cakes including those from a brand new gourmet cake program!
- New and improved meat section with butchers preparing the freshest USDA prime beef, dry aged beef, premium Wagyu cuts and featuring Florida Frank’s grass fed natural and organic beef and chicken!
- A full-service seafood department offering shoppers a variety of seafood including 4-Star BAP certified sustainable salmon, seafood stuffed tilapia, fresh live lobster and convenient “Seafood Made Easy” meals that are ready to whip on busy weeknights!
- A new and improved produce department with produce packed on ice for maximum freshness with new varieties of produce as well as cold pressed juices and kombucha! 25% of the their produce sold during the summer months is purchased from Florida farms! Some types of in-season produce you will find are things like monterey mushrooms from Zellwood, New Lime Company avocadoes from Miami, squash and beans from J & J Farms in Loxahatchee and Natalie’s Orange Juice from Fort Pierce. They also locally source strawberries directly from Plant City during the Florida strawberry season!
- The amazing beer department now features 115 brands of beer and 48 brands of craft beer including 16 varieties from Tampa including Cigar City, The Brew Bus, Coppertail, Two Henrys, and Florida Avenue! There is also a fine wine department with over 1,100 wines from around the world including Kosher and Israeli wines and a trained wine steward to help you with all of your wine pairing needs! There is also a renovated Beer, Wine and Spirits shop with an impressive variety of spirits from around the world and local craft spirits including St. Petersburg Distillery and Wicked Dolphin Rum as well as a cigar humidor!
- An expanded Kosher selection with 24 feet of kosher grocery items as well as fresh and frozen kosher offerings through the meat, dairy, bakery, wine and frozen departments!
- A new concept with their health food store within a store called Naturally Better complete with trained health and wellness specialists and associates to help customers easily find healthy options among the nearly 3,000 natural and organic products available! There is even a new feature where you can churn your own nut butters!
So, are you ready to check this place out?
Tomorrow night October 21, 2016 beginning at 4:30, this newly redesigned Winn-Dixie will be hosting a “Picnic in the Park Event”. Bring the entire family for a night of fun, food and music! You’ll be able to enjoy a live jazz band, Gloria West & The Gents, in a park-like environment in the store’s parking lot while enjoying samples new store offerings, including specialty pizza, slow smoked brisket, red quinoa salad, delicious Anco cheese, fresh hot mini-donuts and locally made Kahwa coffee with an award-winning French Vanilla ice cream for dessert!
And you’ll want to make sure to arrive early because the first 100 customers will receive delicious Winn-Dixie products!
The cherry on top (because if they’re french vanilla ice cream and piping hot donuts, there must be a cherry), Winn-Dixie is offering one of fabulous Orangespoken friends a $25 Gift Card to Winn Dixie!
Here’s how to enter! I will draw a winner on Sunday. Good luck!
Leave a comment on this post sharing what part of the new store refresh you’re most excited about!
Winn-Dixie store #2433 in Hyde Park is located at 2100 W. Swann Avenue Tampa, FL 33606