Tis’ the season… for COOKIES!
Today I invited some of my nearest and dearest over for our annual cookie swap!
And boy did we have quite the array! In addition to the sugary sweets, I gave guests the option of bringing an appetizer to swap as well.
Hey, not everyone is a baker! 😉
We had bar cookies, drop cookies, no sugar no grain cookies, chocolate cookies, candy-filled cookies, ball cookies (schweaty balls!), and so so so much more!
We ate, drank, and were definitely merry! 😉
There’s nothing, and I mean nothing as sweet as good times with good friends.
Oh and remember my post from the other day? Well, here’s the cookie I decided to whip up for the party!
Oh, and hiding behind these chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies are my carrot cake balls.
I was inspired by a recipe that I originally found online, but for some reason disappeared between Thursday and last night when I went to bake the cookies. I had purchased the ingredients based on the recipe, so I already had everything I needed, so instead of changing things up, I just went with it, and tried to remember as much as I could. I decided to make just a small batch of them, since I didn’t think they’d go over so well with my non NSNG friends.
Boy was I wrong! They loved them! I was really shocked, I mean they were good, in my opinion, but I’ve also been off sugar for 50 days, so at this point, I can taste the sweetness in lettuce.
No really, I’m serious! My taste buds are in overdrive! One of the perks of NSNG, no doubt.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe I used for these scrumptious cookies! Enjoy!
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter (make sure there is no added sugars or oils)
- 8 oz block of full fat softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pureed dates (you can also sub 1/2 cup of honey or coconut sugar if preferred)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 6 oz dark chocolate (85% or higher- I used a Lindt bar)
- 6 tbsp. solid coconut oil
- Beat peanut butter and cream cheese together until combined.
- Add egg, dates, baking soda, salt and vanilla beat until smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 10-11 minutes until set. Be careful not to over cook as these will burn easily.
- In a small bowl, microwave dark chocolate and coconut oil in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth.
- While still warm, dip cooled cookies into the chocolate.
- Place onto wax paper and let cool, refrigerate until ready to serve!
- These cookies are easier to handle after refrigerating over night. You may want to make these ahead of time, refrigerate, then dip in chocolate coating before serving.
Are you attending any cookie swaps this year? What recipes will you be using? Do share!