There are 17 days left until Thanksgiving.
I don’t know about you, but this foodie LOVES Thanksgiving.
The food, the togetherness, the crispness in the air.
Thanksgiving is my jam.
Over the next 17 days I’ll be sharing some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes with you! From sides and desserts, to my mom’s tried-and-true turkey recipe- you’ll be all set for hosting dinner or contributing a dish at someone else’s event!
First in line is this DELICIOUSLY Cheesy Broccoli, Butternut and Bacon casserole!
This ain’t your grandma’s broccoli and rice casserole. This dish is kicked up a notch with creamy butternut squash, caramelized onions, and smokey bacon!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup cooked broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup roasted butternut squash, cubed
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 6 slices of thick sliced bacon crisped & roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Prep ahead: cook the rice, roast butternut squash, fry/bake the bacon and roast/steam the broccoli and have them ready to go.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a pan over medium heat, saute the onions in the butter until golden brown and caramelized-Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together room temperature cream cheese, salt, pepper and eggs until smooth.
- Add rice, cheeses, onions, butternut squash and broccoli into the egg mixture and fold to combine.
- Add crumbled bacon into the mixture and gently fold to combine.
- Add the mixture into a greased casserole dish and bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.