Happy Valentine’s Day!
Want to spread some extra love today? Then make these chocolate chip banana nut muffins for someone special in your life! You could make these for:
Your significant other.
Your aunt Ethel.
The guy who slices your turkey at the Publix deli.
Your imaginary friend Bridget (you guys could totally have a tea party later and eat these!).
Whomever you decide to make these for will LOVE them. They are moist and chocolately- with a crunch from the walnuts that will make your heart go a pitter patter.
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (you can make your own by putting oat fashioned rolled oats in the food processor)
- 2 cups of mashed yellow bananas
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter (well stirred!)
- 1/2 cup unfiltered honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl (or stand mixer bowl), combine bananas, almond butter, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips, and then spoon the batter into a greased cupcake tin 3/4 full. (You can choose to use cupcake liners if you choose).
- Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick insert shows that they are done. Let cool and enjoy!!!