People are ALWAYS asking me what to buy at Trader Joe’s.
I can’t image why? I’m no TJ’s expert! (could it be the excessive check-ins on social media?) 😉
Since Tampa was blessed with a TJ’s almost a year and a half ago, I have (ahem) become one of their biggest fans.
What can I say? I’m a sucker for good prices, interesting products and kitsch!
So what am I buying these days?
- Flourless sprouted 7-grain bread- It’s perfect for toasting, or making sandwiches!
- Nuts- They have the best prices on pecans, hazelnuts and almonds!
- Bananas- I buy most of my produce from local farmer’s markets, however, I can’t beat TJ’s price! Just 19 cents per banana (or .29 for organic!)
- Endive- I don’t always see endive leaves at my farmer’s market, so I pick it up when I’m at TJ’s. I love dipping endive leaves in dips or using them for lettuce wraps… or endive fish tacos!
- Cheese- Their prices on cheese are amazing! I love their full fat feta, soft goat cheese, crumbled bleu and blocks of Parmesan!
- Bacon ends and pieces- This uncured bacon is the chit! It’s great for crisping up and sprinkling over baked sweet potatoes, or folding into omelettes!
- Eggs- Their cage-free, organic eggs are a great price at less than $4/dozen!
- Milk- Regular cow’s and unsweetened almond. They really have the best prices in town, and their regular (cow’s) milk is antibiotic free!
- Butter- No explanation needed. 😉
- Mahi Mahi burgers- They’re SO delicious and perfect for grilling! I top mine with fresh avocado and pico de gallo. I also love their chili lime burgers too!
- Argentinian wild red shrimp- These shrimp are almost lobster-like. I skewer them and grill them with garlic and lime.
- Frozen fruit- Cherries, blueberries, mango, pineapples… it’s all delicious and perfect for smoothies!
- Creamy polenta with spinach and carrots (frozen)- A quick and easy side dish!
- Brown rice and quinoa (frozen)- Each box comes with three, 2-serving packs which can be heated up in the microwave or a sauce pan within minutes!
- Asian bbq chicken (frozen)- This is a great weeknight go-to meal that can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
- Gluten free waffles (frozen)- Who doesn’t love a frozen waffle? These GF ones have great texture and flavor!
- Almond meal- Great for baking or using as a breadcrumb replacement.
- Gluten free brownie mix- Fudgy goodness!
- Nut butters- Their unsweetened peanut butters, and almond butters are SO delicious! Just nuts and salt in the ingredients list!
- Raw, unfiltered honey- Great for using as a sweetener in baking, or to make your own vinaigrette!
- Pure maple syrup
- Salsas (jarred and fresh)- Check the ingredients list and get the ones that have no added sugar in them. I love the serrano salsa in the produce section by the hummus and dips!
- Olive oil- I like to buy TJ’s 100% Greek kalamata olive oil. It’s SO good!
- Coconut oil non-stick cooking spray
- Super green drink powder- I’ve been drinking this powder (mixed with a little bit of water or juice) for about 4 months and haven’t had a cold at ALL (and as a school teacher, I am the QUEEN of colds!) .
- Toilet paper- What can I say; I love their TP (in the pink package)!
If you’re looking for a healthy Trader Joe’s shopping list, check this out!
Low-carb Trader Joe’s shopping list
So what are your Trader Joe’s must-haves? Comment below and let me know!