I was lucky enough to connect with Robin, the creator of the scrumptious, all-natural artisanal Out of the Weeds dressings and marinades a few weeks ago on Facebook. I had heard of both her amazing creations and Three Birds Tavern restaurant in St. Pete, but had never met in person nor had I had the chance to sample her products.
After learning that she would be participating in upcoming Winn Dixie Hyde Park events, including sampling some of her dressings at the most recent event promoting Thanksgiving day deals and Curtis Stone’s visit, I was excited that this would finally be my chance to taste and chat with this local foodie celebrity!
I was able to sample all three of the dressings and must say that the Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette was by far my favorite. It was sweet yet tangy, making this the perfect product for topping salads (think caprese!), dipping veggies (or cocktail shrimp!) into, or marinating your favorite proteins in! My culinary wheels were spinning and I quickly purchased a bottle of it.
As I was thinking about how to use my very first bottle of Out of the Weeds dressing, I kept going back to Thanksgiving and how I might be able to use the Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette with a recipe for our meal.
And that’s when it hit me: Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms!
I LOVE stuffed mushrooms. They’re such a classic crowd-pleaser, especially for holiday gatherings. And these little gems did not disappoint! They’re stuffed with a mix of Out of the Weeds Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette, Italian sausage, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic and oat flour (yes, these babies are gluten free!). And because I cannot get enough of that delicious dressing, I decided to eat the stuffed mushrooms dipped in a little extra sauce, which put them over-the-top!
Want the recipe? Here you go! And to purchase a bottle of your own Out of the Weeds Roasted Tomato dressing, click here!
- 12 whole baby bella mushrooms
- 3/4 cup ground oat flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 sweet Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup Out of the Weeds Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese + 1tbsp extra for topping
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute sausage until cooked, breaking it apart in the skillet as it browns. Remove from heat and set aside. Let cool.
- In the same skillet, saute diced onions and garlic until just soft. Set aside and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix together sausage, onions, garlic, oat flour, roasted tomato dressing, parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper until just combined.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and wipe with a damp cloth to clean. Place mushroom caps into a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Stuff each mushroom with 1-2 tablespoons (depending on the size of the mushroom) of the sausage mixture and top with a sprinkle of extra Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 20 minutes. Top with chopped fresh parsley.