I first saw pancakes made with oat flour (ground up oatmeal!) a few years ago. I remember trying them and being floored at just how delicious they were! I made them so much that I kinda grew tired of pancakes! (I know what you’re thinking- how? HOW?!).
These fluffy flapjacks are gluten free, refined sugar free and full of flavor! Here’s the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 2% milk (you can use almond or coconut milk too)
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (make your own by grinding oats in a food processor!)
- Coconut oil or butter for the griddle
- Melt 1tbsp. of unsalted butter or coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Whisk together all ingredients until combined well (batter will be a little bumpy due to the oats).
- Use a ladle or large spoon to pour pancake batter into the hot skillet or griddle.
- Cook each pancake on medium heat until small bubbles start to form and the edges start to dry. Flip and cook on the other side 1-2 minutes; until golden brown.
- Top with anything you want! I topped mine with banana slices, blueberries, almonds and a drizzle of pure raw honey! Oh and serve with a side of bacon, of course! 🙂