It’s already January 3rd and I haven’t written anything about resolutions, goals or the like here at Orangespoken.
Mostly because I’ve been working on my new little project, The Sly Pie (check it out, pretty please!).
So what do I wish for in 2015? What are some things I hope for in the next
365 362 days?
1. Complete my first half marathon. I started training for the Sarasota Half on 3/15 a few weeks ago and I’m already up to 6 miles in the training plan. I’ve avoided longer distance races since my experience with the Gasparilla 15k . That race was hard. Really hard. Harder than the triathlons. So I figured I’d be sticking with sprint tris and 5ks for the rest of my life. Fast forward a few years later (and lots of pounds less) and here I am training for 13.1 glorious miles. I blame my friend Nanci for this bit of
insanity inspiration. 😉
2. Continue with workouts at Orangetheory. What can I say. OTF is still where it’s at and has helped me be stronger and more confident (um, hello 13.1!) since joining.
3. Eat more. Most people have “eat less” as a goal for the new year, but for me, I vow to “eat more”. Eat more home-cooked meals. Eat more fresh, local produce. Eat more bleu cheese (I really don’t have enough of that in my life). Eat more foods I’ve never tried (and no, NOT Brussels sprouts you fools!). Eat more fish. Eat more of the things that I love by revamping those recipes to be more nutrient packed and satisfying (The Sly Pie’s mission!).
4. Drink more. (Heh). I plan to host monthly whine/wine and cheese nights with my chicas! I cherish time with them, and what better way than to dish over good bottles of wine. 😉
5. Volunteer. I plan to give back at least once a month with organizations like the Ronald McDonald house, Metropolitan Ministries and Meals on Wheels.
7. Camp more. Travel more. Fun more. (can you “fun more?“) 😉 Starting with a trip to Ft. Desoto campground in T-5 minutes!
8. Get flexy. I still battle with the whole flexible thing. Mostly because I don’t practice enough! This year I plan to foam roll consistently, do PiYo a couple of times a week, and maybe, just maybe try a yoga class (finally). Who wants to come sit at the back row with me at Yoga in the Park downtown?
So that’s it! My vision and hopes for 2015. What about you? What do you see for yourself in the new year? I’d love to hear! 🙂