However, I know 2014 will be just as amazing. Why? Because it’s my plan to make it that way. Sure life has a way of throwing speed bumps at you, but I truly believe that we control our own destinies, and if we say it’s going to be a good year, then, hell, it will!
I love setting goals at the start of a new year. It makes me feel like I have so much to look forward to when a plan is place. Here are 5 of the things I hope to start, continue, or accomplish.
- Volunteer more hours to those in need. It feels SO good to give back, and I want to do more!
- Continue living a NSNG lifestyle.
- Increase my workouts at Orange Theory Fitness and work towards completing my 3rd sprint triathlon.
- Take better care of my skin. I’ll be 35 in June and I’m not getting any younger! 😉
- Spend more “face time” with friends and family.
So let’s focus on #2 and #3 for a second. What DID I accomplish in 2013 as far as health goals are concerned? Well as many of you know I started OTF in November of 2012 (at 330lbs) and NSNG in October. This morning I decided to take a look at my stats from this time last year and compare!
And of course, I’m a teacher, so let’s analyze some stats!
- Winter 2012 weight: 330lbs Winter 2013 weight: 272lbs Difference: -58lbs
- Winter 2012 pants size: 24 Winter 2013 pants size: 20
- Winter 2012 body fat percentage: 48% Winter 2013 body fat percentage: 39%
- Winter 2012 waist circumference: 59in Winter 2013 waist circumference: 50in
- Winter 2012 chest measurement: 53in Winter 2013 chest measurement: 49in
- Winter 2012 hip measurement: 60in Winter 2013 hip measurement: 56in
- Winter 2012 thigh measurement: 32in Winter 2013 thigh measurement: 28in
- Winter 2012 bicep measurement: 16/16.5in Winter 2013 bicep measurement: 12/12.5in
I’ll use this as my official 2014 starting information as well! I’m pretty proud of those numbers. Sure I didn’t reach my “ultimate goal” in 2013, but who cares. What matters is that in 2013 I found happiness, confidence, a sense of adventure, and strength I didn’t know I had. And that, my friends, is what life is all about.
In addition, I was SUPER inspired by my dear friend Nanci, from This Crazy Life of Mine! She joined Weight Watchers a YEAR ago and has blogged an update post every Saturday since the beginning. I’m going to attempt to do the same with my own stats and update a progress report each weekend. I think this will be a great way to keep track of smaller changes and maybe even inspire a few of you guys, my readers, to jump on board and get make some healthy changes in 2014!
What are your 2014 goals? I’d love to hear and help support you in meeting them!