Here I am ba-bayyyyy
Come and take me…
Take me by the hand…
Oooo show me…
Show me that you cannnnnnnn…
Here I am bay-ay-ay-ay-bay!
First things first, what song do YOU have stuck in your head? I swear there is ALWAYS ALWAYS a song playing in my head. (See above).
Second, I hope things are well with you and that you had a super weekend!
And last, hopefully you are caught up with all the Orangespoken happenings (as far as health, wellness, and nutrition goes!). If not, check out this post and this post. Go ahead, I’ll wait for you to come back…
After 9 weeks of eating this way, I’m finally feeling confident in trying my hand a few a recipe experiments, especially creations for the upcoming holidays! I loved the cream cheese pumpkin pancakes so much that I decided to keep the pumpkin train rolling. It is fall after all, and what perfect way to celebrate than with these Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars! These chewy and creamy bite-sized gems would make the PERFECT addition to any Thanksgiving table! I know for sure they’ll be on ours! With just the right amount of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and vanilla in an almond-butter based crust, topped with a no-bake cheesecake layer sweetened with just the right amount of Truvia brand sweetener (Stevia based), this treat will win over ALL of your guests, no matter their taste!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup of unsweetened, unsalted almond butter (I love Trader Joe's brand)
- 3 tbsp. Truvia brand sweetener (or other low carb, Stevia based sweetener of your choice)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 blocks of full fat cream cheese at room temperature (check the label for 1g carb)
- 1 1/2 tsp. unflavored gelatin (I used Vital Proteins, but you can use any unflavored brand)
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp. Truvia brand sweetener
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Very lightly spray an 9in x 9in cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- While the oven is pre-heating, add all of the crust ingredients into a mixer and beat until well combined (it will form a ball in the mixer).
- Press the crust evenly into the pan. (The mix may feel a little watery/greasy from the almond butter. It will absorb and dry out as it bakes, so do not blot or drain!).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the top of the crust feels firm to touch.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool while you make the cheesecake filling layer.
- Combine Truvia and the gelatin in a bowl and set aside.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Combine the gelatin mix with the boiling water, whisking as you combine. Set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese, lemon juice, almond extract and sea salt until creamy.
- Slowly add the gelatin water to the cream cheese mixture (it's ok if it's warm) and beat until well combined.
- Carefully pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust (it's ok if the crust is still warm), and then place the pan into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, or until the cheesecake filling is firm.