These grain-free (why go grain-free?) cookies are BURSTING with flavor.
The melt-in-your-mouth cookie dough is sprinkled with hints of coconut, pecan and Key lime zest.
The center is juicy and tart, giving the perfect contrast of flavors and textures.
I dare you to eat just one!
Grainfree coconut pecan and lime jam dot cookies
1 3/4 cups grain free flour mix (click here for the recipe)
3/4 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1/2 cup raw unfiltered honey
1 tsp. sea salt
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flake
1 tbsp. Key lime zest (you can use regular limes)
1 jar of your favorite jam (I used unsweetened blackberry jam from Trader Joe’s)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sea salt and honey together.
3. Add egg yolks and combine well.
4. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix just until all the flour is combined.
5. Using a spatula, fold in the coconut, lime zest and pecans.
6. Refrigerate for an hour, then drop rolled balls of dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Using your thumb, press down onto the center of each cookie, and fill the “thumbprint” with a teaspoon of jam.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet, then transfer to a plate. These will be very delicate, so it’s important that you let the cookies set prior to moving them.