Disclosure: Brian and I were invited to try Vuelo Mexican Grill as a part of a partnership with Vuelo and the Tampa Bay Bloggers. All spicy, scrumptious, and saucey opinions are our own.
When you think of brunching in #Tampa, I’m sure about 20 different locations pop into your mind.
Well, make room for another spot, because Vuelo Mexican Grill is a place you MUST add to your Sunday brunch list!
Believe me. I was totally a skeptic. Chips and salsa and fajitas for Sunday brunch? I don’t think so. But trust me when I say I was so, so very wrong. Mexican IS for brunching, and Vuelo is where it’s AT!
At Vuelo Mexican Grill, we serve hand-crafted Mexican cuisine from our scratch kitchen with a fresh attitude and spirit for modern times. Our family-owned restaurant is Classic Mexican with Latin/South American flavors and twists, bringing an entirely new experience to Tampa and the food lovers that live here! Vuelo’s lively atmosphere and delicious food create a truly memorable experience. As consulting chef, James Beard-nominated Chef Mark Estee brings his approach to fresh ingredients, authentic flavors and attention to detail to every dish at Vuelo.
Vuelo is located in New Tampa, at 17641 Bruce B. Downs Blvd, right next to Flatwoods Park and is open 7 days a week, serving brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:30am-3pm.
Upon arrival, you’ll notice a spacious outdoor seating area, gorgeous decor and a welcoming atmosphere that is perfect for families, first dates, happy hour (they have 17 screens featuring exclusive pay per view events) parties (they have space for groups!) celebrations, AND yes, even BRUNCH!
- Happy Hour daily 11:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
5 Mini Tacos for $5
5 Apps for $5 each: Taquitos, Fried Florida Bites, Nachos Vuelos, half order of Guac & Chips and Queso Fundido (Add pork carnitas, achiote chicken or barbacoa beef for $4)
$4 Mixed Drinks $3 House Wine $2 Domestic Draft Beer and 2 for 1 Casa ‘Rita
- Specialty house cocktails and an extensive wine list
- Tequila list includes specialty tequilas, blancos (clear and unaged), reposados (rested and aged), anejo (aged more than a year), and vertical and horizontal flights.
- Taco Tuesday Tuesdays 5 pm- closing; 2 Tacos for $6 plus…one FREE Casa ‘Rita or domestic draft beer plus LATIN MUSIC WITH TAMPA’S DJ DOMI!
- About Chef Mark Estee: Highly acclaimed restaurateur Chef Mark Estee brings his approach to fresh ingredients, authentic flavors and attention to detail to every dish at Vuelo. With an incredible list of awards and accolades to his name, Chef Estee continues to shape the evolving food culture through innovative dishes and authentic relationships. As Vuelo’s food and restaurant consultant, Chef Estee’s menu will delight your senses and leave you wanting more!
Have you tried Vuelo? What are you waiting for? Add it to your #Tampadining list ASAP and let me know your thoughts!