There’s just no way else to describe these.
They are, in fact, the best grilled wings ever.
They’re crispy and juicy.
They’re super flavorful.
And they literally fall off of the bone.
In my opinion, they are everything a wing should be.
The best part? They are PERFECT if you’re following a low carb or ketogenic way of eating, they’re super easy to make (even if you say you don’t know how to cook), and they’re damn delicious.
The start off swimming in an ah-may-zing marinade overnight (or for at least 2 hours if you’re short on time)…
Then, they get slow baked in the oven for 45 minutes…
Finished on the grill for a few minutes on each side…
And served topped with carmelized mushrooms and onions!
This wings are EVERYTHING and they don’t need any sauces or dips to cover up their natural flavor. Enjoy them as is, hot off the grill! Here’s the recipe!
- 20 chicken wings and drumettes (with tips removed)
- 1/2 cup mayo (I use Duke's brand)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos (you can also use Worcestershire or omit)
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce of your choice (I use Crystal brand)
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. sea salt + extra for sprinkling as they come off of the grill
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- **Carmelized onions and mushrooms for serving with the wings- optional, but SO delicious (see recipe in the Notes section)
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and arrange wings on the sheet in a single layer (no need to remove excess marinade).
- Bake the wings for 45 minutes, and then remove from the oven, keeping them on the pan.
- Preheat a gas grill (or grill pan) on medium-high heat.
- When the grill is hot, grill wings for 2-3 minutes on each side until the skin is crispy! I love char on these wings, so feel free to leave them on a little longer if you like char too!
- While the wings are still sizzling, top them with a sprinkle of sea salt, and serve them topped with the onions and mushrooms!
- To make the onions and mushrooms: https://addapinch.com/mushroom-and-onion-saute-recipe/