So much to say, so much to say.
Ok, I’m done. Dave Matthews fans… you’re welcome.
I do have a lot to say though. So I’m going to cram it all into a fancy list post just because it’s summer. And I’m feeling lazy. And I’ve given you 4 completely awesome posts in a row so I can break up the awesomeness with a list. And because I said so.
Sorry about that last part. Just practicing the teacher voice I haven’t used in 2 months.
- I made some fabulous fish tacos tonight with homemade guacamole (1 ripe Florida avocado, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, minced garlic, the juice of 2 limes). I stuffed steamed tortillas with baked haddock (olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder), a dollop of guac, and chopped tomatoes and scallions as a garnish. These things were the shit. Go make them now. And eat the leftover guacamole with your fingers, huddled over your kitchen sink like a wild animal. It tastes better that way.
2. I received a box of goodies this week! Don’t you just love getting gifts in the mail? Last month I signed up to participate in something called Beauty Box Buddies! Have you ever heard of Foodie Pen Pal? It’s similar, but instead of sending a box of edible goodies to a blogger (or not a blogger, we don’t discriminate), you send a box of goodies that are meant to make you gorgeous, pretty, deliciously smelling… you get the idea!
I was lucky enough to receive a package from Ashley, the creator of BBB herself, and it was jam-packed with fun (and oh-so-pretty) goodies for me to play with! How did she know I hardly ever leave home without a necklace on and that I’m a hairspray addict? ;
Want to join in the fun next month? Check out this link for more details!
3. I left the house with bedhead today. I only drove to the pool, but I’m sure I scared some passerbys along the way. My smoothie was good though. Oh and don’t look at my nails.
4. The Tampa Bay Rays are hosting a Girl’s Night Out at the Trop on August 15 for their 7:00 game against Seattle! For $25 you’ll get a lower level seat, a kick ass Rays wine glass Tervis tumbler (gimmie now!), and 1 fill up of wine of your choice! The guy and I will already be at this game using our tickets we received from the Miles for Moffitt 5k race, but you better believe I’m going to do what needs to be done to upgrade and get one of these glasses!
5. Tomorrow starts the Tax Free weekend! I’ll be getting my shop on buying new clothes for the school year! I wear optional uniforms to school, which at my new site will consist of red or black polos, with neutral slacks or skirts. First stop? Old Navy!
6. Um, have you entered my super sweet, kick ass, awesomely zombie-filled giveaway? You have until Monday to enter to win 2 free tickets to ANY remaining Run For Your Lives zombie themed 5k! You can register as a runner OR get professionally made up as a zombie and scare the Gatorade out of runners as they pass by you on the course. I know. Fucking awesome. You’re welcome! Enter now! Go! It’s fun! Trust me! And if you don’t win? You can still participate and save 15% off registration with my discount code: ZPTD6!
So, tell me…. what’s on YOUR mind? Will you be shopping this tax free weekend?