Disclosure: As a local member of TBB, I was invited to attend this event at Earth Fare for free, and receive compensation in the form of a gift card in exchange for my honest review of the store. All foodie-inspired opinions are my own.
Hey friends! I hope things are well with you and that you had a super weekend! My weekend was a restful one, which was a welcomed sight after a few whirlwind work trips last week. I worked out, grocery shopped, did some cooking, and spent quality time with
my main squeeze my husband (still love saying that!)
Speaking of my husband, we celebrated 6 months of marriage last Sunday! 6 months… can you believe it?
And speaking of groceries, last week I also had an opportunity to check out the new Earth Fare market that *just* opened up in the Woodlands shopping center in Oldsmar, just off Tampa Road!
Earth Fare did NOT disappoint when it came to finding low carb friendly items on their shelves (and at great prices too!). Their motto: Healthy Food for Everyone. And it’s SO true. Earth Fare promises that all of their products are hand-picked and chosen with YOU in mind: (click on the image below for the complete “boot” list of additives that you will not find at Earth Fare!)
In addition to this pledge, Earth Fare provides its customers with organized and clean shelves, clearly labeled areas, and plenty of help around the store if there is something you are having trouble finding (or an ingredient from a recipe that you just cannot WAIT to try!). Earth Fare is truly a health conscious (and budget conscious) foodie’s dream!
After a quick tour of the store’s most note-worthy features, some of the group embarked on a scavenger hunt of the store, and while I love a good competition, I was way too excited about grabbing a cart and heading back to those aisles to shop (self-described grocery store fangirl right here). Here are some of the goodies that caught my eye (and even a few that I brought home!)
My cart was just a bit full by the time I pulled into the checkout lane, but I just could not resist stocking up on all of these Keto/low carb goodies! If you are near Oldsmar, stop by Earth Fare and give them a whirl! Not in Florida? No problem! For a complete list of Earth Fare locations, click here. Don’t forget to sign up for a rewards card so that you can take advantage of all of the deals and discounts around the store! PS- Head over to my Instagram (@orangespoken) for a chance to win a $25 gift card to try out Earth Fare on me!
One of my favorite purchases from my trip was a tub of their freshly ground unsalted almond butter! I love fresh ground butters and theirs did not disappoint. It took me a while to decide what I was going to whip up with the butter, but eventually landed on trying my hand at a pumpkin cheesecake bar using an almond butter bar base that I’ve made before.
These chewy and creamy bite-sized gems would make the PERFECT addition to any Thanksgiving table! I know for sure they’ll be on ours! With just the right amount of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and vanilla in an almond-butter based crust, topped with a no-bake cheesecake layer sweetened with just the right amount of Truvia brand sweetener (Stevia & Xylitol based), this treat will win over ALL of your guests, no matter their taste!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup of unsweetened, unsalted almond butter (I love Trader Joe's brand)
- 3 tbsp. Truvia brand sweetener (or other low carb, Stevia based sweetener of your choice)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 blocks of full fat cream cheese at room temperature (check the label for 1g carb)
- 1 1/2 tsp. unflavored gelatin (I used Vital Proteins, but you can use any unflavored brand)
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp. Truvia brand sweetener
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Very lightly spray an 9in x 9in cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- While the oven is pre-heating, add all of the crust ingredients into a mixer and beat until well combined (it will form a ball in the mixer).
- Press the crust evenly into the pan. (The mix may feel a little watery/greasy from the almond butter. It will absorb and dry out as it bakes, so do not blot or drain!).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the top of the crust feels firm to touch.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool while you make the cheesecake filling layer.
- Combine Truvia and the gelatin in a bowl and set aside.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Combine the gelatin mix with the boiling water, whisking as you combine. Set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese, lemon juice, almond extract and sea salt until creamy.
- Slowly add the gelatin water to the cream cheese mixture (it's ok if it's warm) and beat until well combined.
- Carefully pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust (it's ok if the crust is still warm), and then place the pan into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, or until the cheesecake filling is firm.